Drumroll! Apple iPhone 4S, meet your new rival. The Korean wireless company Samsung is launching the next generation of multi-faceted Android phones in the US later this June. If you’re eager for a head start, we have just the accessories for your new Samsung Galaxy S3.
This month, the Samsung Galaxy S3 will be offered through five US carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, Sprint, and US Wireless Corp. The announcement was eagerly received by Android fans, especially after the launch of the phone in 28 other countries. The US version (which mirrors the Canadian and Japanese editions) is projected for release later this month.
Like astronauts in a new galaxy, let’s explore the stellar characteristics of this exciting new phone:
- Smooth, rounded, ergonomic contour inspired by nature’s pebbles
- Available in marble white and metallic blue
- Lightweight build
- Snapdragon S4 1.5 GHz core CPU
- 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB internal memory, expandable with microSD
- 2GB RAM
- Large, high-definition 4.8-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen
- Resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels at 306 ppi
- TouchWiz 4.0 User Interface for panning, tilting, double-tapping, and turning over
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS
- 8MP rear-facing camera
- 1.9MP front-facing camera
- Video recording at 1080p
- Li-Ion 2100mAh battery
- Compatible with 4G LTE and HSPA + 42 networks for faster downloads
- MP3/ACC+/WAV audio player
- DivX/Xvid/MP4/WMV/H.263/ H.264 Video Player
- Optional desktop dock, flip cover, AllShare Cast dongle, and S Pebble
- Smart Stay lets the display remains bright when you are looking at the screen (it detects your eyes via the front-facing camera), and dims or turns off the display when there is no eye contact.
- Direct Call activates the phoning function without dialing. When you are browsing a contact, writing or viewing a text, or checking a missed call, make a call by raising the phone to your ear.
- S Voice recognizes and responds to your voice commands. It can wake up the phone, open the calendar, set alerts, answer calls, take photos, send emails or texts, play songs or playlists, adjust the volume, and even snooze the alarm clock.
- Smart Alert works when you pick up the phone after a period of inactivity. The phone vibrates to notify you of missed calls or messages during your absence.
- Social Tag matches photos in your contacts with faces in your pictures. It links the photos to their social media profiles and shows you their current statuses.
- Buddy Photo or Social Share allows quick sharing of photos with your contacts via email or social networks.
- S Beam transfers photos, music, videos, contacts, and files between two Samsung Galaxy S3s.
- AllShare Play accesses documents, music, videos, and files from your computer.
- AllShare Cast wirelessly shares photos, videos, and games with the screens of other Galaxy S3 users or DNLA-enabled devices on your WiFi network. It also projects to a big screen and turns the phone into a controller.
- Pop Up Play lets you do two tasks simultaneously (watch videos, email, text)
- Best Photo selects the best shot out of 8 continuous photos
- Palm Sweep takes screen shots by swiping your finger from the right edge to the left edge.
- Turnover: If you forget to put your phone on vibrate, mute the ringing of incoming calls by turning over the phone (screen facing down).
If these attractive features have you falling head over heels with the Samsung Galaxy S3, stop by for the best in compatible accessories.